“Hey guys, people don’t want to see a food fight. They want to know how we’re going to put food on their table.’– Senator Kamala Harris
The following are thoughts that came up as I watched Part II of the First Democratic Debate:
- I feel that there are more serious contenders in this debate. Switch out 2-3 people from the first night, and we can instantly whittle this thing down to ten.
- Kamala Harris is giving off strong Claire Huxtable vibes, and I’m here for it!
- Andrew Yang isn’t gonna win the nomination, but he would certainly win first place at State 4-H Congress for his Visual Presentation on Basic Income and the Value Added Tax. Just draw a few posters and you’re there!
- Kamala just took control and ended this foolishness. It reminds me of when Claire Huxtable shut down Vanessa and her friends when they were performing “The Locomotion”.
- I’m interested in watching this health care discussion continue. It looks like a couple of candidates have put some real thought into how they’d execute their plans to increase coverage. Do we build on what we have, or do build a brand new system? Bernie is yelling, but he has no plan to get there. He’s all foam, no beer (DING!).
- I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard Marianne Williamson speak, and that wasn’t the voice I expected.
- Listening to Mayor Pete’s comment about Christians supporting family separation reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the late Rev. James Rodgers: “If you can’t say ‘Amen’, say ‘Ouch’”.
- Oooh, Kamala is going in on Biden right now! She’s dressing him down like Claire Huxtable dressed down Elvin when he made a comment about her getting coffee for Cliff.
- Good point by Bennett. None of these plans will happen without the Senate. So which one of these candidates would have the longest coattails?
- New Zealand? What the…
- Lots of good responses on guns. Again, we’re gonna need the Senate.
- It just hit me that my 8-year-old is about to start 3rd grade and she’ll be halfway done with 4th grade before the next president is sworn in. The last two nights were very entertaining, but we’ve got a looooooooooooong way to go.
Extra scoops of Peach Cobbler for a few candidates who broke out last night: Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Pete Buttigieg